- Job Title: Director of Field Development & Accountability
- Employee Name: OPEN
- Supervisor: Director of Long Term Missions
- Classification: Support Raise 100%
SUMMARY OF JOB
- The Director of Field Development & Accountability develops the strategy and relationships to open new countries for Adventures' missionaries. Working with Regional Directors, Advocates and Missionary Care personnel, the Director will coordinate all the activities associated with field missionary work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure new countries/fields where Adventures in Missions can send long-term missionaries.
- Be responsible for all field oversight and implement an accountability structure for field leaders.
- Develop the organizational structure for Adventures International.
- Screen potential ministry partners and oversee Adventures' missionaries and their activities.
- Oversee the activities of the Field Training Consultant, Field Assessor, Missionary Care Coordinator and Regional Advocates.
- Assist fields in developing their field ministry plans.
- Provide appropriate field information for recruiting new missionaries.
- Help form the overall strategy for Adventures International.
- Close down the work in countries when appropriate.
- Liaison with the missionary placement and training departments.
- Work closely with Regional Advocates to determine goals and direction for missionary activity.
- Equivalent of a Bachelors Degree and 5+ years of missions experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Keen understanding of missions both from the field and home office perspective.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment are required.
- Must be high energy, results driven and self-motivated. Effective presentation and problem-solving skills are required. Travel to conferences, conventions and department meetings as needed.
- Clear thinker with a clear understanding of organizational structure, management, marketing and business strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to manage resources and timelines for multiple projects running simultaneously.
- Familiar with trends in missions.
- The versatility and flexibility to meet shifting needs while working in fast paced environment. Must be a problem solver and willing to work flexible hours.
- Team player with high energy level, and willingness to do "whatever it takes."
- Appreciation of Adventures culture and a demonstrated passion to be a part of and propel its future.
Click the APPLY NOW button on the left to submit your cover
letter and resume